Tuesday, April 8, 2014

How long can we go?

Our dryer died a few weeks ago.

We have money saved for a new one...
 but I have been meaning to reduce our dryer use 
and hadn't tackled it full-force yet.  

Nothing like being without one to make me dive in!

So we (mostly me) decided to just wait on purchasing a new one.

What would our energy bill look like after a month of not using the 2nd MOST ENERGY CONSUMING appliance?  
(refrigerators being #1 and I have 
NO desire to tackle giving up that one. 
Even I have my limits)

Would our laundry pile up and make me crazy?

Actually, I have been more organized and more "on top" of the laundry 

I do a load every day and hang it to dry over night. 
 (Kids fold it in the morning)

So our living room has one of these at night 
(so the ceiling fan can expedite drying)



And our bathroom looks like this...



So while I caved and bought a coffee-maker when ours died (only boiling water to pour over the grounds for about a week),

I am holding out a while longer on this one.

BIG PLUS:  No more full loads sitting in the dryer for days getting wrinkled.  Not that that EVER happened at our house.

Hugs and happy energy saving!



No comments:

Post a Comment