Monday, January 21, 2013

Bargain Hunting


Winter outfit for $23.60

Boots from Goodwill: $5
Boot socks made from hand-me-down sweater:  free
Capris from Goodwill:  $4
Shirt from Gap on Michigan Ave. :  $6.60
Coat (Sarah Jessica Parker "Bitten" Brand) from Goodwill $8
Scarf from Christmas gift:  free

I LOVE bargains and I find Goodwill a great place to find them.  That being said, location is everything.  On the north-side of Indy (Carmel-area) I think it is safe to say there is more donating than garage-sales.  Where we live currently there seems to be more garage-sales and perhaps less donating.  JUST my observation.  One day my mom and I took the kids to the nicer suburbs of Chicago and found some good deals.  Worth the drive?  I think so, I spent $70 that trip and clothed the kids for the fall/winter and lots of things for me :)

I am NOT a name-brand-only type of person, however, I have found that when shopping thrift stores the name-brand clothes are typically the clothes that are in almost-new condition.  

I realize that some people SHRIEK at the idea of shopping at Goodwill, but there are many other places to find gently-used clothing.  Buying used is a SERIOUSLY great way to help the environment, not to mention your pocketbook.  

Sidenote:  On my recent girls trip to Chicago I found 2 tops at Gap for a total of $22.  So you can even find bargains on Michigan Avenue in downtown Chicago :)  

Hugs and Happy Saving!


No comments:

Post a Comment