Monday, January 28, 2013

Freezing

I am always trying to improve my meal-planning.  I can CERTAINLY stand to improve in the "plan ahead" area.

So this week, I bought a little over 2 pounds of ground beef and decided to brown it all right when I got home, with 2 bell peppers, 2 onions and a few garlic cloves.  

So I turned this:


Into this:


Now we have a total of four freezer bags of the meat combo, about 2 cups in each bag.   I will add lots of chili beans for the chili mix and lots of black beans for the haystacks, thus stretching the meat and making it more about the healthy beans and less about the meat.  

Whats for dinner at our house this week:

Chili
Haystacks
Potato Soup
Frozen Pizza* 
*(ALWAYS on Wednesday which is gymnastics and karate night. Easy and fast, keeps us out of the drive-thru line.)
Egg Sandwiches
Spaghetti and Meatballs
Cheddar Ranch Chicken Strips (homemade, KIDS LOVE!)

Happy Dinner Planning!

1 comment:

  1. Hey great minds think alike!!! :) I do that too!!! When we get a beef butchered...I do like 30 lbs. and put it into the freezer. Great menu....Can I come for dinner? :)

    ReplyDelete