Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Ninja and a Gentleman





If you ask Logan, he will say he is in training to become a Ninja. 

If you ask me, I will say he is in training to become a gentleman.

I love it when I see a boy (or man), show his mom love by treating her like a lady and making her feel special.  

So

When we enter a building (and Tommy isn't with us) Logan opens the door for me.  I will stand there and wait until he remembers that that is HIS job.

When we cross a street, he holds MY hand to keep ME safe from cars.  

I  hear Tommy say to Logan "Doesn't momma look pretty?"  and now when I come downstairs after getting ready I often hear him say "Momma, you look so pretty."

We have talked at length this winter about speaking only words that encourage others.  How it is ok to NOT say everything that comes into your mind.  Especially if it doesn't build the other person up.

SO

While we were looking through an old photo album, Logan commented:

"Momma, you were so pretty when you were little..."  

{I'm thinking, "How nice!  learning to compliment from his dad"}

then he added ".... and then you got glasses".


{sigh}  :)

Love my little Gentleman.

No comments:

Post a Comment