Monday, February 4, 2013

What makes a meal?


This is a picture of one of my most favorite meals/snacks.

One I eat ALL THE TIME.


I could eat this for breakfast (like I did today), lunch, dinner or a snack  (Although I for lunch or dinner I would add more avocado and more cheese to make it more filling.)

Walnuts (or cashews), avocado, pear slices (or whatever fruit) and some Parmesan cheese (imported from Italy because we are Parmesan cheese snobs), 4 of my favorite foods

It doesn't look much like a traditional meal, but coupled with a nice glass of iced tea (or hot) this is a tasty treat for my taste buds.  

Filling (lots of wonderfully satiating natural fats), full of flavor,  healthy (CRAZY good vitamins) and no simple, refined carbs (which make me VERY moody - insert blood sugar swings)

Its fun to pair together different foods, thinking outside the meal-box.

Hugs :)




No comments:

Post a Comment