Thursday, January 9, 2014

Fruglicity for Dinner = Meat-less Meals

Over the past 6 months, we have been slowly cutting meat out of our recipes.

At first it was to save money and boy do meat-free recipes help ALOT!

But then we watched the "Forks Over Knives" documentary
 (I say "we" loosely, I watched it over and over, I LIVE for independent nutrition research, and gave Tommy the highlights)

Its has changed my thinking DRAMATICALLY about the role of animal products in our diets.  And since I am the cook in the family, I get to make the rules!  :)  (for the most part)

I am not on a soap-box here, I would hardly call us vegetarians, but we are re-thinking our favorite family recipes and in the process cutting back on meat and saving money.

What does that look like for us?

This picture is of pizza night.

No more meat on our pizza but instead just a cheese pizza

paired with a lovely salad of 

spring mix
red onion
baby portebellos
topped with Olive Garden dressing 
(Um, YAY!  didn't even know we could buy it at the store!)




So far we really haven't missed the meat.

In fact the last time I made a meaty dinner, Tommy ended up sick.

Co-incidence?  not sure

But I do know this, we are consuming MANY, MANY more fruits and veggies.

Hugs and Happy Meat-Less Meals!


No comments:

Post a Comment