Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Fruglicity - Indians Game


So I FINALLY came up with the "word" that describes my style. 

FRUGLICITY = Frugal, Simplicity

I have tried for many months to decide how it is I would describe my style.  

To me this sums it up perfectly.

I love to find ways to be frugal

and 

I love, love, LOVE simplicity


Funny how my idea of a "perfect" date has changed over the years.

used to be (as in pre-kids):  Dinner at a VERY nice (read: pricey) restaurant and a movie.

Now,

Going out to share a dessert and have a cup of coffee 

Simple.

Fun.

Simple (again)


SOOOOO, this summer we did some very "fruglicity" fun things.

For instance, library night at the Indians Game

Kids received buy one, get one tickets for the summer reading program at the library.

(Don't even get me started on the fruglicity of the library.  TONS OF FRUGAL SIMPLE FUN THERE.)

It was also $1 hotdog and popcorn night.

So we piled into the car, drove around to find 
reasonable parking: $5 
Paid for 2 lawn tickets: $20
bought everyone a treat and drank water from the fountain: $5  (someone must have gotten 2 treats, ahem, Tommy.)

total of $30  

FUN summer evening enjoying time together and a baseball game.  

It was fruglicity.

  


No comments:

Post a Comment