Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Seafood Alfredo


I am always looking for recipes, that will stretch my dollar, when we entertain. 

How can I feed alot of people without spending alot?

  LOVE this recipe!  I have made it twice since being here, one time for the family down the street to just had a new baby and then this past weekend for my brother and his family, my mom and aunt and my family.  I doubled it both times and we ate on it for DAYS!

 I have seen various versions of this recipe, but here is my own version:

3 pints heavy whipping cream
5 Tbsp butter
8oz container of grated Romano and Parmesan cheese
8 oz container of shredded Parmesan cheese
2 packages imitation crab or lobster

Melt butter in pan, adding HVC, stirring continuously.  Slowly add cheese, while stirring.  Let it thicken, it should easily coat a spoon.  Add crab, lobster or even chicken.

2 packages fettuccine cooked; transfer to platter, toss with 2 Tbsp of butter.  Top with creamy goodness!

Disclaimer:  This is definitely not a figure-friendly version.  You could certainly use half 'n half or even 2% milk, just adjusting cheese level to get the right consistency.

Serve with a nice salad and garlic bread and viola! 

Hugs and happy cooking!


No comments:

Post a Comment